My photo
Northfield, Illinois, United States
Michael Steven Platt has taken his life long love of doodling to extremes. His intent is to provide and promote creations of positive energy which will broaden the scope of perception and impart a sense of well being to those who experience them.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Random Rambling Digression

In keeping with my random postings I haven’t yet decided what to put up here for tonight, but I’m fairly certain that I will come up with something. I’m working on the second installment of Withering Flats, which I originally called “The Hi-Ho Funnies” in my journal when I wrote them over thirty years ago, but I wanted to give the series a less trite title. I wrote three ‘episodes’, each about two years apart and have decided to rewrite, refine and update them for presentation here. I hope to have the next one ready and posted over the upcoming weekend. I have a couple ideas for more Zlodt Bardo, Spaceman episodes, but I do not have one already worked out. The first one, Zlodt Bardo and the Space Pirate, I made up the day I posted the first half, about three weeks ago. The story turned out quite well and there will be more adventures in the future!

I do have a variety of short stories contained in my Making Sand collection, and I have posted some of these already (Master Bishu and the Genie, Realization and All in the Mind) but I don’t want to take too many from that source as I would like to publish them all as a complete unit. I also have taken excerpts from my book, Endless Shifting Sand (seeming to have some kind of affinity for sand), but again, I intend on publishing that and I don’t want to give away more than a taste here and there.

I also have random things I have written into the computer over the years, and I will throw some of those up occasionally, but that is a limited resource. My desire is to write more spontaneously and create interesting reads as I go, which was what the Zlodt and the Pirate story was. However, that takes a lot of time and energy and, at this time, I am not able to devote either of those in the quantities I would like. Yet I want to keep posting and keep adding to the collection of literary oddities that will, eventually/hopefully/someday, draw in readers and produce a following of people who enjoy what I write. My ambition is to become a writer/artist as a fulltime occupation and not have my creative talents be just fascinating hobbies, so I write (and draw) and believe that what I produce is good enough to warrant a closer look and thus develop a following. I have two followers so far, Dianne and Stringffellow1, and I am deeply and humbly grateful for their appreciation of my work.

I wasn’t intending to write in the direction that I did, but that’s where my words carried me and so that’s where we went. I will be write back...

Written by Michael Steven Platt 5-05-09 (Fell ease, sink the mayo)

No comments:

Post a Comment