My photo
Northfield, Illinois, United States
Michael Steven Platt has taken his life long love of doodling to extremes. His intent is to provide and promote creations of positive energy which will broaden the scope of perception and impart a sense of well being to those who experience them.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Story Told in a Special Way According to the Dictates of the Day

Hold on to your hat and keep watch on the sky, be ready to dance, run, sing, dream or fly,
Anything goes, but that’s nothing new, it’s my presentation that’s altered in view,
This is the game my words will play here, (and I’m sure that by now the intention is clear)
It’s not only what but how I will say, so get ready to roll: it’s Rhyming Day!

The story of mine that I’ve chosen to share has an unlikely cast and a romantic flair,
So without further note I set it to sail, straight from the swamp, here’s

A Froggy Tale
Once upon a lily pad
there was a frog who looked quite sad,
A passing horsefly stopped to say,
"Just what has made you feel this way?"
The frog looked up and shed a tear,
then said, "The reason that I'm sad is clear,
Come close and I shall share my woe
and then you'll learn why I act so."
The fly buzzed close and said, "Tell me."
The frog said, "It's like this, you see,
I had a friend, a lady frog
the cutest frog in all the bog,
With skin all green and slick and spotted,
her beauty had me quite besotted!
And when she put her legs to jumpin'
she set my froggy heart a pumpin'!
And so unto this winsome miss
I gave a great big froggy kiss!"
Then he sighed, was quiet again,
the fly buzzed closer, asked, "What then?!
The frog breathed low and looked at him,
then went on in voice quite grim,
"I thought she knew I only joked,
but then, by golly, she up and CROAKED!"
...the frog just sat with bug-eyed grin,
and flexed his throat and froggy chin.
The fly sat still, then moaned with grief,
"That was dumb beyond belief!"
The frog still smiled, then with a leer,
said, "Not as dumb as you it's clear!"
With that his tongue snapped with a crack
and made that fly a froggy snack!
The frog intoned, "Works every time!"
and that's the end of our froggy rhyme!


I hope you enjoyed this poetry time and had fun with my silly tongue in cheek rhyme,
Romance, adventure, humor, surprise, all brought together in a treat for your eyes!
I found great pleasure in sharing with you, but now I must close and bid fair adieu.
We’ll try this again on some future post and I’ll act the part of your narrator host,
And so I’ll ride off toward the fast setting sun, with this time of rhyme I’m finally done.


Written By Michael Steven Platt 4-09-09

No comments:

Post a Comment