My photo
Northfield, Illinois, United States
Michael Steven Platt has taken his life long love of doodling to extremes. His intent is to provide and promote creations of positive energy which will broaden the scope of perception and impart a sense of well being to those who experience them.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Thought, The Train Ride and Happy Birthday

Thought for the Moment:
“Some people live a life of perambulated hodge-podge.”
I sometimes feel that way, like my life is a walking, chaotic mixed-up mess... but usually I keep my mess located in stationary places, like at home or in my locker at work. Now if we were talking about my thoughts, then yes, my mind is always churning and roiling, bouncing around from one thing to another through far-fetched , tenuously related tangents that keep moving and evolving. A busy and creative place that keeps me entertained!
I’ll stick a story in here and then head to bed. I played volleyball for a couple hours in open gym this evening and I’m tired. I’m trying to write everyday in this blog, and so far so good. As long as I can cut and paste I can keep it happening!

The Train Ride
There once was a man who lived in the city who one day took a train to the country. It was a long ride and he fell asleep, thinking that the conductor would wake him when they arrived at his stop. So he slept, and as he slept he dreamed. He dreamt that he lived in the country and one day he decided to go to the city on the train. So he did, and, since it was a long ride, he fell asleep, think that the conductor would wake him when they got there. He slept... and as he slept, he dreamed while the train traveled on and on and on...
“Hey! Wake up! This is your stop!” The conductor said, shaking the man, who woke with a start and quickly got off the train to find himself in the city. And to this day he gets confused quite easily.


And a Very Happy Birthday to both my Mother and my Brother. I Hope you had a good one!

Written by Michael Steven Platt 4-06-09

No comments:

Post a Comment