My photo
Northfield, Illinois, United States
Michael Steven Platt has taken his life long love of doodling to extremes. His intent is to provide and promote creations of positive energy which will broaden the scope of perception and impart a sense of well being to those who experience them.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thank Goodness!

Pounding away on the keyboard like it was a piano grande from Star Bonks (that’s when you hit your head and see sparkles), I would lather up a hot little number and serve it out to you, but unfortunately the substance of this offbeat imagery is just words I dream as I doze into the late afternoon. I find that my energy level is strong and flowing in creative directions right up until about the time I get home from work and then my drive turns off the highway, pulls into a rest stop, puts the vehicle in park and kicks back for a mighty nap, figuratively or literally. And it seems that every time I take it upon myself to recharge and rev up the engine with caffeine, as was the case today, something else comes along and steals my thunder until it reins no more. I have many stories and ideas, a few are finished (like The Big Cookie), several are rough drafted (like the second and third installments of the Withering Flats series) and many are just a title (like The Magic Chicken and The Garrulous Rock, which are titles I found in one of my old notebooks today). So I do have creative material. I am lacking in time and energy to transcribe, refine and create. Thanks goodness for Thoughts of the Moment. Here, have a few...

If there were nothing of interest to write about, I’m sure you’d read about it here first.

Remember: it’s corporate America who put the “hip” in Hypocrisy and the “super” in Superficial.

The realm of “what if’ exists so close to our perceptions that we often lose track that we inhabit the world of “what is.”

And with that I have managed to come up with an adequate (if not satisfactory to my creative drive, parked, napping and dreaming wonderful stories, living it up in the world of ‘what if’) posting for today. I wish you pleasant encounters, many smiles and perspicacious insights!

Written by Michael Steven Platt 4-29-09

No comments:

Post a Comment